Prompted by the success of their Cleveland venue program, FirstMerit boldly marched into other Midwestern markets.
About The Client
FirstMerit Bank is no stranger to Live Nation sponsorships, as 2014 marks their sixth year as the VIP Club Name-in-Title Sponsor at Blossom Music Center near Cleveland, OH.
In order to integrate FirstMerit Bank with live music, Live Nation created highly visible ownership opportunities for the brand to remain top of mind with target consumers. Now, FirstMerit can engage directly with music fans as well as entertain their Commercial and retail bank (branded PrivateBank) customers, prospects, and employees through hospitality programs.
A common theme among our client base is to use a variety of our key assets. FirstMerit incorporates this strategy to a tee, parlaying their cornerstone venue programs with other elements, like promotions, digital/media assets and custom experiences.
Behind The Project
To strengthen brand awareness in the Chicago and Milwaukee markets and drive the growth of Commercial and PrivateBank customers, FirstMerit Bank partnered with Live Nation to build a high impact, five-year program.
The program elements for 2014 included venue title ownership, “money can't buy experiences”, and tickets and hospitality.
- More than 30 FirstMerit Bank branded signs were installed throughout the venue, including a new 86′ x 7′ banner above the stage
- Inclusion in all other venue-related communications, such as tickets, parking passes, prospecting emails, and press releases
- To boost Q2 activity, FirstMerit Bank partnered with Live Nation and the Dave Matthews Band for a unique promotion, an all-inclusive concert flyaway trip to Chicago to see the band perform at FirstMerit Bank Pavilion
- FirstMerit utilized premium tickets to entertain key customers, support relationships with vendors, and reward outstanding employees with their favorite concerts
- Exclusive ”money can’t buy experiences” thrilled key Commercial and PrivateBank customers and sweepstakes winners throughout the summer. These experiences ranged from behind the scenes tours, watching portions of shows from the side stage, and private boat cruises to the venue
Annual Media Spend Inclusion
Entries For The Dave Matthews Band Flyaway Promotion
Gross Brand Impressions Via Online & Offline Channels
Let's work together.